Now treat this news as purely rumour for now, but some pretty cool news is coming out from JoBlo. The site apparently has some word on what we can expect to see in Marvel Studios and Disney’s Avengers: Age of Ultron and Ant-Man. Joss Whedon, of course, is directing Age of Ultron, whilst Peyton Reed has recently taken over from Edgar Wright on Ant-Man. Right, now for the good stuff…
In terms of Avengers: Age of Ultron, it’s being said:
- The Avengers Tower, which is actually at the University of East Anglia, will be massive, comprising of a large landing platform and garage for a new and stylish Quinjet.
- Mark Ruffalo’s Bruce Banner and Robert Downey Jr.’s Tony Stark will have their own shared lab at Avengers Tower.
- Scarlett Johansson’s Black Widow will be getting some new duds, with will apparently be similar in look to something from TRON and will have electricity pulsing through it. In addition to this, she’ll also have some batons.
- The Hulk’s iconic purple threads will be adorned with the Avengers “A” logo, as well all of the other heroes’ outfits.
- Iron Man will mainly where the Mark 43 suit, although the Hulkbuster suit will also make an appearance.
- Ultron will have a fully-articulated face and his suit will have a “red firelight underneath, giving him a kind of Balrog effect from “LOTR.” He will also have an army of drones that resemble him but aren’t identical.
- The Vision will completely be Paul Bettany, as in his voice, face and body… albeit it in a shiny metallic gold, red and green form. And yes, there will be a yellow cape included as part of his outfit.
Pretty cool if true, right? I’m especially excited by the Hulkbuster suit, more Banner and Stark, and that Bettany will fully be The Vision… with cape! Now, moving to Ant-Man, here’s what we can apparently expect to see from the Phase Three opener:
- Paul Rudd’s Scott Lang is a single father and a thief who breaks into Hank Pym’s apartment and steals his Ant-Man outfit.
- The main villain will be Darren Cross and will likely be played by Corey Stoll. He will possess a suit similar to Ant-Man’s but with a more military style, in black and yellow, and similar in design to Flash Thompson’s Agent Venom costume. The character was the head of Cross Technological Enterprises in the comic books, and troubles with his heart led to him turning to the dark side. His cousin, William Cross, aka Crossfire, is expected to appear in some form, likely played by Patrick Wilson.
- Ant-Man’s suit will be far more elaborate to the test footage and stills we’ve seen so far. Again, this suit is also said to resemble something from TRON, with red lights dotted over the suit. The helmet will open and close, and the eyes will glow red when closed.
As mentioned at the start, treat all of this as rumour for now, although JoBlo are usually pretty spot on with this stuff.
Avengers: Age of Ultron is released on 24th April, 2015 in the UK, whilst Ant-Man is still set for a 17th, July, 2015 release.